The Garmin SL30 is designed to offer complete navigation and communication capabilities in an integrated slimline package.
Combining powerful 760 channel VHF communications with 200 channel VOR, glideslope and localiser receivers, the SL30 provides a full-functioned navigation and communications solution in a small footprint at a very reasonable price.
Besides traditional nav/comm features, the SL30 also incorporates workload reducing functions such as automatic decoding of morse code station identifier for VOR/LOC/ILS, most used frequency in memory built in course deviation indicator and more.
The SL30, the smallest nav/comm on the market, is loaded with features and functionality. The only nav/comm with the ability to monitor the standby comm frequency, the SL30 VHF reciever operates from 108MHz to 117.95MHz decoding both the Omni Range and Localizer navigation signals.
The built-in Glideslope receiver will automatically tune the corresponding glideslope-paired frequencies (328MHz to 335MHz) when the localizer is tuned. The SL30 includes the powerful yet efficient 8 watt comm transmitter used in the other apollo slimline and GX avionics.
SL30: Think slim.
- 200-channel Nav with solid-state DSP technology
- VOR/Localizer and Glideslope receivers - VOR receiver displays to/from and radial
- Digitally decoded OBS setting Sunlight-readable full-alphanumeric display
- 760 communications channels Frequency range 118.000 to 136.975 MHz, 8 stored frequencies
- Tunes to National Weather Service Broadcasts, Transmit status indicator, Automatic display intensity control
- Built-in two-place VOX intercom
- 8 Watt transmit power
- Size: 6.25 x 1.3. x 10.5 inches
- Weight: 3.3 pounds